Each tube contains single estate Black Assam CTC* tea and the balanced Amala blend of organic masala spices: cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, ginger and cinnamon.
To brew in the comfort of your own home, simply:
- use a milk pan to steep 1/2 tsp tea + 1/2 tsp masala spices in 1/2 mug of water
- put over a gentle heat and regularly
- once your chai is bubbling, add 1/2 mug of milk/m*lk
- bring to the boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes
- pour through a fine sieve and enjoy!
Tip: if you like it fiery, add grated ginger.
5% from each tube helps to support female farming initiatives in Wayanad, Kerala - where the Amala organic spices come from.
*CTC tea refers to the processing method of, “crush, tear, curl”, where black tea is run through multiple cylindrical rollers. Unlike orthodox tea, CTC produces a darker liquor, a distinct, full-bodied taste and it is just perfect for masala chai.